Monday, 28 January 2013

Second/Third Week

The second week started to get a little more challenging. More and more is being demanded from you, and already from the get-go it is important to be on top of things. I found the tutorial in week two to be a little difficult, but after receiving clarification from the TA I found it rather easy. As for the quiz, it was a piece of cake.

Starting up on Assignment 1 didn't seem too challenging, but I have yet to finish, and the further along I got with it the harder it became. I am comfortable with symbols and notation, and I find truth tables to help me a lot as well. What I find challenging that we touched on today in class during the beginning of week 4 are the proofs. I had a hard time proving the statement which said that if P=>(Q=>R) then Q=>(P=>R). The negation is a little challenging for me as well but I feel that completing A1 and practising/looking over the annotated slides will defenitely prove beneficial. Also, it's nice that the lecture hall in Sid Smith isn't as hot as a sauna as it was during the first day of class, still don't know what was up with that, was the heater turned up too high, or was I simply wearing too many layers ? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment